Life at St Pauls
Every Christian you speak to will have their own way of expressing their belief in God and their own stories of their relationship with God. Likewise a Church, as the body of Christ, can also express this belief in different ways. But really it all comes down to something really simple -
- God is a loving God, who cares deeply about you, irrespective of who you are, what you do, what you believe or what you've done; and He wants to get to know you as a friend. You don't have to do anything or be anything, He just wants to be your friend. Everything else can come later.
Being a Christian is about relationships - especially your relationship with God - we think it's best to explore that with others, so we'd love to talk more in person as this is the best way of getting to know you and you us! Here at St Pauls relationships are the key to expressing God's love.
So what do we believe ....
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God - fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male or female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God's eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ - born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross, dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection, his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers - given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and a new earth.